Afternoon Delight at Sketch

One of my bucketlist activities to tick off in London, was afternoon tea at Sketch.
Having had two years of my social feeds being clogged by images of happy faces in a pretty pink room, with delicious food, and stories too strange to recant, I relented and went.
I slipped into a rather grey day appropriate dress, and marched off to central London, in search of the fabled tea rooms. 

Having arrived before my friend, I was seated in "the Glade" where I ordered up a fabulous negroni of sorts; whilst being completely awed by how pretty the room was, and how the hell had they managed to get carpet like they had, and what would happen in the instance of a fire?
When my friend arrived, we were seated in what I woulcn`t help but think of as "the Womb". Even the chairs seemed to scream "come and nestle in me!".
We were handed little menus, and informed of the best news I have ever received at tea..." you may try as many different varieties of tea as you wish over the course of the afternoon". Heaven.
The caviar man then slipped over in his dashing pink suit, and doled out a generous slop to Ross, and to me, a cauliflower caviar. Which tasted overwhelmingly of...well...cauliflower, and not much else. 

Then, the main event arrived. 
There was battenburg cake, and some sort of delicious marshmallow, lots of sweet things, delicious savoury tarts, cheesy ...things. And the best part....they refilled sandwhiches!






The last to arrive was, of course, the scones. But oh boy were they good.
If you have seen anything about Sketch, you know that the bathrooms cause a little bit of a fuss.
Can`t think why...
On the way out, I spied this particular gem in the myriad of quirky artworks, and instantly thought of Mum`s dog.
Luckily, Ross and I left with our eyeballs unlicked, and I retreated to the bus as one very happy and stuffed little lady.
Such a lovely afternoon spent in a beautiful and thoughtfully curated space.
I would love to hear if anyone has been!

x






Comments