Notting Hill Carnival 2018




 
The last long weekend of August, I had a tough decision to make.
1) Camping on the Jurassic Coast, or
2) Notting Hill Carnival
Last year I attended the Secret Camping Festival in Dorset, and loved it.
There were hot tubs to soak in under the stars.
UV parties that lasted all night.
And walks to famous sights.
But also some hard memories that I would have to face alone.
Really, it was a no brainer ...I went to carnival baby!
I chose the Monday, because there was a group of FaceBook friends attending that day, and it seemed like it would be pretty fun to see all the costumes.
The carnival definitely didn`t disappoint in that department.
And the food and drinks were such a hoot!
I bought beers from the side of the road, jelly shots from a roaming tray, spiced-up-the-wazoo jerk chicken, and rum in a coconut.
A strange highlight was seeing the entrepreneurial spirit that seemed to thrive on the carnival atmosphere, made most clear by people opening up the ...amenities... of their homes for all and sundry (provided you had a few pound coins to spare).
Having arrived at midday, had a lengthy wander around, I settled into this park for the evening, leaving just as the sun set, and meandered up the canal to the tube station.
All in all, such a fun day.
Was anyone else at carnival this year?

Comments