Dinner Party

A month ago, I moved house! 
One of the best things about this move, is....everything!
Keen to celebrate a little, and embrace the adventure that is a new home, I filled it with friends and neighbours for a mid week meal.
Naturally, I had my priorities in order, and set up a simple Gin & Tonic station.
I then smashed out a champion of a starter: Watermelon and Fetta salad. 
As simple as could be. 

  • 4 cups diced watermelon
  • 1 cup diced fetta
  • 2 good handfuls ripped mint
  • Balsamic to drizzle (from here )
Then, release the tosser within, and go at it. Gently though.

I then completed the prep for the mains (Chilli con Carne). Beautiful, un-glamorous broccoli, and zesty guacamole). 
Having laid the table, prepped up the wazoo, all was left to do was wait for the guests to arrive!
After a very boozy, not- pictured, dessert, we retired to the drawing room. Fancy, I know.
Where the lovely Graham tinkled away at the out of tune ivories, and Graeme joined in for a...rousing...rendition of Ave Maria.
 A truly lovely evening that finished in the early hours of the morning. Work was so much fun the next day.