Arriving in London

A year and a half ago, I hit England for the first time. 

New in a country, not knowing how to do anything(like set up a bank account... or a national insurance number...or register to a doctor), or how to get around(there is HOW many different trains/tunes/DLR/overground/trams/buses/ferries?!?!)
I was lucky to have a good friend from University, who invited me to stay at his share house in Shoreditch.

My very first day in the UK, he took me for a walkies all around St Paul`s Cathedral(above)
Across the millennium bridge to the Tate
Where there was a cute Christmas fair, and a crazy fast carousel, that of course I dragged my friend on.
Our walk took us past the skate ramps next to the Thames. After all that walking we stumbled home with the intention of going out dancing. It was Saturday night....but I crashed out not long after dinner.

The following days were a blur of re-organsing my life, adjusting to the new timezone, and walking absolutely everywhere(because public transport was a bit too scary)
But, if I hadn`t of been on foot, I would never have seen the clouds looking so majestically fluffy at Buckingham Palace.
Or gotten this cheeky selfie at the gates.
Nor could I have walked down Regent St in awe of how beautiful the buildings in London were, how different this part of the city felt, and the history I was immersed in. 

Comments